Most airlines fly in and out of Brussels International Airport in Brussels, Belgium. Brussels is 30-45 minutes away from Antwerp. The Airport code for the Brussels International Airport is BRU. The Brussels International Airport has a train station located directly under the departures and arrivals halls, at level 1 with many trains traveling from the airport to Antwerp. Learn more about the Brussels Airport Train routes and book a ticket.
Getting from the Brussels Airport to the Hilton Antwerp Old Town:
Travelers can get from Brussels to Antwerp a few different ways:
- Train: Brussels International Airport Train to Antwerp-Berchem station.
- Cost: About 12 euro
- More than 30 trains per day traveling from Brussels-Airport-Zaventem to Antwerp
- Takes about 35 minutes on the train
- Once exiting the Antwerp-Berchem station, travelers can take the Antwerp metro from Berchem Station to Antwerpen Groenplaats Metro, then walk 5 minutes to the hotel, OR, take a 10-minute taxi ride to travel the 3.5 km from the train station to the hotel.
- Bus: Brussels International Airport Intercity Bus to Antwerp.
- Cost: Varies, generally less than 20 euro
- Buses to Antwerp depart from the front of platform D in the bus station (level 0) beginning at 4:00 AM and ending at midnight daily.
- Takes 35-45 minutes on the bus
- Get off the bus at Koningin Astridplein (Central station) station and walk 1.6 km to Hilton Antwerp Old Town or take a short taxi
- Taxi: Brussels International Airport to Antwerp via Taxi/Limousine.
- Cost: 50 to 130 euro, depending on the company and traffic.
- Several official Taxi and Limousine services are available on the Brussels Airport website.
- Takes about 40 minutes to ride from Brussels International Airport to Hilton Antwerp Old Town.
Frequent Trains are also available from a variety of European cities. More information can be found on the SNCB website.
Traveling to Antwerp by train may require transferring trains in another European city. Please check your local travel guides to find the best option for you.
Eurostar Train travels from London to Brussels where travelers can switch over to a local train to get from Brussels to Antwerp.
Thalys train network connects Antwerp, Brussels, Paris, and Amsterdam.
If you travel by train and arrive in Brussels on the international connection, it is advisable to add an ABS (Any Belgium Station) to this ticket. This in turn entitles you to travel within Belgium by train.
Additional Travel Guides
- How to Reach Antwerp (English)
- How to Reach Antwerp (Dutch)
- Getting Around Antwerp (English)
- Getting Around Antwerp (Dutch)